LORAC Unzipped: Unreal
April 5, 2012 3 Comments
After coveting the new LORAC Cosmetics “Unzipped” palette – their version of the ever-popular nude/neutral palette available from nearly every cosmetics company out there – since it first popped onto my radar, I scored one at my local Sephora (even though they don’t normally carry LORAC products!) during the spring VIB event.
All I can say, in my very best George Takei voice, is “Oh, myyyy….!” These shadows are so soft and luxurious. A beautiful blend of mattes and satins, both warm-toned and cool-toned, it also comes with a LORAC eye primer (“Oh, myyy!”) and I am hooked. As a makeup junkie and beauty blogger, who very rarely wears the same color combo twice, I rarely say this – but I would LOVE to wear this palette for a month straight.
I have zero complaints about this palette, from the packaging to the way the shade names are written right ON the packaging beneath each respective color (I really love it when they do that), to the size of the pots of product and of course, the quality. On a scale of lip balm to red hot pinup lips, this palette gets the big red smack of approval from this Beauty Beginner.
On the eyes:
- LORAC eye primer
- LORAC Unzipped: Unreal on lid from lash to crease, Undercover under the brow as a highlight, Unspoken blended lightly above crease to create contour, and Untamed in outer corner
- Ulta Extreme Wear gel liner in Brown
- Mally volumizing mascara
On the lips:
- bareMinerals Pretty Amazing lipgloss in Panache
On the face:
- Yves Saint Laurent Teint Resist Long Wear Endless Comfort Transfer Resistant Foundation in Opal
- tarte Cheek Stain in The Perfect Berry
- bareMinerals Tinted Hydrating Mineral Veil