The new Spotlight On: High Shine Eyecolor kit from Bare Escentuals didn’t interest me until I got to swatch the colors in person. I’m a big fan of the high shine colors that Bare Escentuals makes, but I thought this was just another silver color. Breaking news: it’s not. When I swatched it in person, my first thought was that it was really similar to High Shine Glisten. It’s not. Then I thought it might be closer to High Shine Frost. Nope! It’s in a league all its own, and it’s beautiful! It’s described as “gilded chrome,” and by looking at it, I think it has a lot of yellow gold in it, some chrome, and even some hints of green in the right light. This was a weird thought I had when I applied it this morning, but I thought it looked like metallic butter. So, there’s that visual for you!!
Another note on the eyecolors today – when I swatched Rock Star in the store, I was blown away by all the sparkles. I don’t use black eyeshadows very often, but this was looked unbelievably glimmery and pretty on my hand. I was disappointed once I applied it to my crease. I think if I foiled this color, the true nature would come out better.
High Shine Luster, Rock Star, Emphasize It
Crease Defining, Flat Edged Shadow, Crease blending, B&B liner in Black Diamond
One more note on today’s look – I tried something new today with the lipcolor. The Pretty Amazing lipcolor in Allure is a beautiful peach color, but slightly too orange on my skin tone to wear alone. I lined my lips with a plum/berry colored liner, and filled in the lines on the sides of the lips, leaving the middle to fill in with Allure. Then I blended by rubbing my lips together, and voila! I love the result.
Pretty Amazing lipcolor in Allure, Jordana lipliner in Plush Plum
On the eyes:
- Brightening PTEP
- High Shine Luster applied all over lid up to crease, and under outer lower lashes, using sponge applicator
- Rock Star gently buffed into crease and outer V
- Emphasize it swept under brow and down to blend out harsh edges of Rock Star
- Black Diamond Big & Bright liner along both waterlines and along upper lashline
- Buxom mascara
On the lips:
- Jordana lipliner in Plush Plum lining the lips, and filled in on the outer 1/3 of both upper and lower lips
- Pretty Amazing lipcolor in Allure filling in the center, and then blended by pressing lips together
On the face:
- Thin layer of Pure Transformation Night Treatment
- Original foundation in Fairly Medium mixed with a bit of Healthy Radiance
- Laura Mercier Secret Concealer #2 under eyes and around nose folds
- Vintage Peach blush on apples
- Original mineral veil