I know most of you are die hard Bare Escentuals fans. Don’t worry, I am too. But once in a while, I have to show some other brands some love! I picked up a couple of new goodies recently and couldn’t wait to use them. I’m wearing BE foundation and mineral veil today, but beyond that, I’m loving on some Tarte Cosmetics, MAC, and Aveda. This face sure got around today! 🙂
So first off, let me introduce you to my new friend, Tarte True Blood palette. This collection is SO FUN. Whether or not you’re a fan of the show (I totally am), the colors are fantastic. For $52, you get 17 shadows, a mini mascara, an eyeliner, and an eye primer. The shadows are nice and pigmented and apply easily, and the mascara was totally fab. Many people like their lashes to look natural, but I love to emphasize them as much as possible. This mascara made that job a breeze. Plus… it comes in this fantastic packaging!
Tarte True Blood palette
Tarte True Blood palette
Tarte True Blood colors
I added to the Smoky Eye Series today using browns as the focus color. As I talked about in the Black & Grey Smoky Eye post, a smoky eye can be achieved using 3 shades in the same color family. I kept it fairly simple today, using a dark brown, a medium brown, and a pale beigey peach with some shimmer to it.
Colors used today: Werewolf, Fairy, Dusk
Ecotools shadow, Quick Shadow & Crease, Contour
My other new favorite thing that I picked up is this MAC Mineralize blush in Feeling Flushed. I tried this on my hand at the store, thanks to my favorite Nordie’s MAC counter employee, Antionette, and immediately fell in love. I tend to gravitate toward really pink or peachy pink blushes, and you KNOW I love some shimmer. This turned out to be a beautiful shade on my skin and after only one use has already made it into my “all-time favorites” club.
MAC Mineralize blush in Feeling Flush
Aveda lipglaze in Sunkissed Melon
On the eyes:
- Tarte eye primer
- Werewolf patted onto lid from lashes to crease, making sure not to go any higher, using Contour brush
- Dusk buffed into crease and blended down, using Ecotools brush
- Werewolf and Dusk both smudged under lower lashes and swept outwards toward outer V
- Fairy swept all along browbone, under brow, and in inner corner, using Quick Shadow & Crease brush
- Retro liner shadow applied using Full Edged liner brush, in a thick line along upper lashes, both water lines, and smudged under lower lashes
- Tarte Lights Camera Lashes mascara (2 coats)
On the lips:
- Aveda lipglaze in Sunkissed Melon
On the face:
- Brightening Prime Time
- Benefit Erase Paste to conceal
- Original BE foundation in Fairly Medium
- MAC Feeling Flush blush
- Original mineral veil
Ooh, am I looking shiny in this pic! I used plenty of mineral veil, but it’s 90 degrees today!